Environmental Friendly Production
We do not want to achieve customer satisfaction and production quality at the cost of the environment. In our production we use one of the most environmentally friendly renewable resources – wood. When choosing materials, we also prefer environmentally friendly possibilities, e.g. water-based adhesives, paints, stains and varnishes. Now we can proudly tell you that our company was issued the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Certificate in summer 2005.
What does ISO 14001 certificate say about our company:
- we have undertaken a responsibility for environmental impacts resulting from our activity and our product;
- we have established goals to decrease and prevent pollution resulting from our activity and product;
- we are reliable partners.
What does ISO 14001 certificate say about our product:
- Viking window and door are completed as a result of a process the environmental impact of which is under control – we know what we are doing;
- Viking window and door are made in a process the environmental impact of which decreases in time.
What is the message of Viking Window AS to the customer:
- Environmentally aware people work for Viking;
- The production process of Viking is environment-friendly;
- The window and door of Viking are people-friendly, environment-friendly and of high quality;
- Viking creates stable values and wishes to be a part of saving future, offering high quality and clean environment.
Viking Window AS and ISO 14001:
ISO 14001 is an international environmental management standard that establishes requirements for the organisation of the environmental activity of companies (and any other type of organisations). ISO 14001 certificate is not a product certificate.
In May 2005 DNV Estonia conducted a certification audit of the environmental system, as a result of which an ISO 14001 certificate was issued to us in June. We are the first producers of wooden windows in Estonia, whose activity has been certified according to the standard of ISO 14001.
What is happening today:
- materials used – wood, water-based glues and finishing materials;
- efficiency of production – we prepare more products in a time period, which means saving energy (lighting and heating);
- application of the best possible equipment – efficiency of material and energy use (with lower cost it is possible to produce more);
- sorting and recycling of waste – collecting the wooden, metal, paper, cardboard and packaging waste separately we decrease wasting;
- the collection and recycling of packaging waste of goods delivered to customers by us takes place in cooperation with non-profit organisation Estonian PackCycling.
Viking Window AS works in cooperation with non-profit organisation Estonian PackCycling.
It is possible for the customer of Viking Window AS to dispose of packages free of charge. For that it is only necessary to find the nearest container with the marking of non-profit organisation Estonian PackCycling (EPC), in which plastic can be placed and next to which wooden pallets can be stored. The operating landfills also accept the packages of Viking Window AS for EPC. A person does not have to pay for the handling and deposit of waste.
EPC has organised the collection and recycling of package material in cooperation with waste handlers. The result is a cleaner environment for everyone.